Starting With Jardiance

From today (Thursday 24th August, 2017) I start with a new additional medicine called Jardiance 10. One tablet every morning before breakfast. I have to be aware of all the side effects and also monitor the glucose control more closely. Hence the new blog. 

In February 2016 when my A1C level was 6.2 Binayak suggested that I stop taking Diamicron because it causes hypoglycemia. By November the level rose to above 7. In August I discovered it had gone up to 8.2. I had also not been able to exercise the past few months due to my Achilles pain. 

Binayak said the medicine is an SGLT blocker. I googled the subject to superficially understand what that is. Our kidneys secrete this SGLT protein to reabsorb glucose from the urine and send it back to our blood system. This is nature's way of protecting us against any possible food shortage. In today's context this is causing excess glucose in our blood because supply of glucose is abundant. Hence the SGLT blocker which will not let the kidneys reabsorb the sugar and instead release it through urine. 

Let me see how it pans out. Binayak wants to see me in 2 months with reports.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Have Never Been Healthier

Swimming Against The Tide